Common disease and problems - The Basics.
Dog health care starts the minute you buy your puppy. Take him to the vet and make sure he gets the attention he deserves
I think it's a misconception that dogs are naturally healthy. It may have been true for the most part in the past but not anymore. Inbreeding and puppy mills have caused the gene pool to weaken and most often a pure bred dog will have health problems.
To keep on top of any health problems you may encounter is a short list of things you should keep in mind and practice every day and every year
- Overall dog health
- Teeth care
- Foot care
- Coat care
- Yearly visit to the vet
- Ear care
- Lots of fresh filtered water
- Play time
Dog Shampoos and grooming tools.
From right to left are curved blunt nosed scissors, toothbrush, nail clippers, and thinning shears to get rid of mats and tangles.
As you can see by this picture, there are many shampoos on the market. Some of these are from the vet but you can purchase them on-line.
Dog Shampoos and other doggy supplies:
- Avo Derm Medicated Shampoo
- Derma Treat Shampoo
- Jasmin Natural Flee Shampoo Plus (I love this one because it smells so good and has Citronella and cedar oils that repels fleas.
- Malaseb Medicated Shampoo for dogs and cats
- Virbac Pyoben (vet bought) It does not work
- De Flea pet Shampoo has strong flea killers in it. Do not use this shampoo too much or too often and remember to treat you dogs bedding and areas he likes to lounge in.
- Meyers Dog Shampoo. Clean and natural. I bought this at Whole Foods.
pet portraits by Lorri Visit her site and mention Spooky and get 25% off.
Copyright 2000 - 2013 All rights reserved www.thelittlefoxes.net
Any information contained on this site relating to various medical, health, and fitness conditions of Westies and their treatment is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own veterinarian. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing dog allergies - you should always consult your own veterinarian.
Health Problems in Canines